Recreating In-Person Experiences Through Virtual Communities
Admission today is about reaching a broader audience and getting your institution’s name out there to encourage prospective students & families to do research about your institution. It is crucial to create curiosity around your institution and your community and trigger questions. There are numerous strategies to engage those curious prospects with your institution, with a combination of physical and digital events & conversations. However, the overall goal is to create a scalable system to create connections between your prospects and community members.
2022 is the time to think about ways of connecting your community members with your prospective students to answer their questions about your institution. It is the time to connect prospective students and families to have authentic conversations about mutual interests, accomplishments, and experiences. The more you encourage deeper and more meaningful conversations between your prospective students and your community, the stronger your admission pipeline will be. How are you creating authentic connections in a scalable manner today? As your community grows, you must look into tools that allow you to automate meaningful matches and connections, saving you time and energy from manual work with spreadsheets.
Here are four tips to take your admission strategy to the next level in 2022:
- Build a community with shared values
- Connect prospects with your community
- Scalably grow your community marketing strategy
- Utilize automation to minimize manual work
Alumni relations in 2022 is all about COMMUNITY. Community is a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals. If you are able to create a community around your institution who share common values and interests, you are already ahead of the game!
“Where there’s community, there’s also (friendly) competition. Gamification is a proven strategy when it comes to eLearning, but we believe it can also motivate alumni to become more active. Many of our tools already include gamification features, but we’ll be doubling down within GradEngage in 2022. Stay tuned for new developments in January!” – Asaf Shalom, Vice President of Product at Graduway.
Embrace the power of your community by:
- Identify shared values and experiences
- Create opportunities for your community members to help each other
- Build sense of unity and belonging
- Cultivate a virtual universe where experiences are not limited to in-person interactions
“Growing our digital connectivity gives us further reach to community members who were once lost to us. The pandemic has taught us how we can integrate virtual into our real-time world to reconnect with our global community.” – Jason Rozen, Director of Account Management at Graduway
Amid ongoing public health concerns, the labour market continues to see major disruption, with levels of unemployment at their highest rate observed since data collection began in 1948. These effects were felt disproportionately among young people and minority groups, as uncertainty around the pandemic and the changing nature of work compounds.
This presents a unique challenge to career centers who need to quickly pivot and play a crucial role in supporting students through education and training, community, and connections. Facilitating internships, job placements, and other professional opportunities now take place in a new virtual reality.
“We believe it’s more important than ever to provide intelligent digital tools that facilitate relevant mentoring relationships, while empowering Administrators to develop mentorship programs at scale. This makes the entire process more efficient and effective for everyone involved, plus Mentors and Mentees realize better outcomes from the time invested.” – Inbar Scharf, GradEngage & GradCareers Product Manager at Graduway.
Now as we look to a post-pandemic world, where is Career Services headed?
Here are four golden rules for career services in 2022:
- Enable faster career transitions from college to work & back again
- Give students opportunities beyond graduation
- Keep alumni connected
- Utilize technology for more sustainable fundraising efforts.
“Hybrid learning is here to stay, students are demanding more value from their fees and want more practical tools and mentors to help them break into the job market!” – Sam Crowne, Senior Director of Account Management at Graduway
Development & Fundraising
Here are four key elements to focus on in 2022 to unlock your institution’s development strategy:
- Mobile Wallets: Make it easy for your community to give back. Whether it is through alternative digital wallet systems or automatic scheduled giving options.
- Speedy Transactions: Make sure the technologies you are using are fast and smooth. 2022 moves at a faster pace than we’ve ever seen before. Even a few seconds of delay could compromise thousands of donors and donations.
- Easy User Interface: Have a digital platform that is easy to use and user-friendly. The more user-friendly your platform is, the better your 2022 development results will be.
- Advanced Analytics: Invest in tools that will give you advanced analytics and full visibility on all the activities that you are running. Identify patterns and analyze trends to take your development activities to the next level.
“Graduway really does help give your team the appearance that there’s this big army behind you, looking at is there one staff person who can really help you build an infrastructure for your programs, whether it’s the mentoring platform or your digital fundraising, and then hire some student workers, which are a much lower barrier to entry for your team and let them help with the day to day maintenance and activities.” – Erika Jordan, Vice President for Alumni Engagement at Boston University
Schedule a live demo today!