7 Top Tips to Improve Your Mentoring
- Embrace the digital tools out there to help pair mentors and mentees.
- Keep that human touch where possible.
- Facilitate contact between mentors and mentees, but don’t become overbearing.
- Give options: there is no right or wrong way to be a mentor or mentee!
- Don’t limit mentoring to just one group: just because it’s been 30 years since you graduated does not mean you don’t need a mentor!
- Collaboration between Alumni and Career Services is the key to success.
- Share success stories about mentoring relationships that have made a difference.